Special T Travel - MY CLAIM DENIED

18 of 101 Special T Travel reviews

I AM SO FREAKING PISSED RIGHT NOW SO WHAT BETTER FORUM TO SHARE MY HORROR STORY WITH.I WAS CHARGED 1198 DOLLARS FROM SPECIAL T TRAVEL BECAUSE OF SOME *** TRIP I NEVER TOOK.

THEY TOLD ME IF I DID NOT TRAVEL I WOULD LOSE THE 298 DOLLARS I PAID. THEY NEVER TOLD ME THAT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY *** NEAR 1200 DOLLARS AND NOW I AM OUT ALL OF THIS MONEY FOR NOTHING. MY BANK GAVE ME MY MONEY BACK AT FIRST WHEN I DISPUTED IT BUT EVIDENTLY THE COMPANY WAS ABLE TO PROVE THEIR CLAIM BECAUSE I RECEIVED A LETTER SAYING THE FUNDS WOULD BE PAID TO SPECIAL T TRAVEL AND THEY HAD PROOF I AGREED.

I CONTACTED MY LOCAL BRANCH AS INSTRUCTED AND THEY WON'T PLAY ME THE TAPE BUT CLAIM IT DOES IN FACT HAVE ME AGREEING.I AM SO DISGUSTED WITH THIS PROCESS AND THE ONLY POSITIVE THING I CAN THINK OF IS I NO LONGER HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS *** SCAM COMPANY AGAIN.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
18 of 101 Special T Travel reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 12, 2013 #715869 Eugene, Oregon, United States

All I can do is sympathize, and provide yet one more account in the hopes that it scares other people away from using this company. I don't want this to be too long, so here are the facts:

1) I got a call from these folks, and a travel package was described to me that sounded good, so I bought it.

2) When the package came in the mail, it did not have all the destinations included which I'd been promised (and none of the ones I was actually interested in). I called them up, got instructions, and returned the package.

3) I never received a (requested) confirmation that they'd received the package, but when I called them back weeks later to ask what was up with it, they said it can take up to 30 days for the money to be refunded.

4) Waiting that long (funny though that they wait all of one minute to TAKE your money!), I called them back again to ask why nothing had been returned yet. They didn't know, but would call "accounting" and have the money sent. I would see it in a few days, they said.

5) Surprise, the money did not arrive. Repeat step 4.

6) Surprise, the money did not arrive. Repeat step 5.

As of this writing, I have not received a refund. And, since it has been so long, it is unlikely that VISA will honor such a dispute (which is maybe why they delay so long... so that you don't have any choice).

TAKEAWAY: Do not do any business with these people. They are
... Show more

1 0 Reply
angiestts

Feb 20, 2013 #611991 Orlando, Florida, United States

WARNING!!!!
THE ABOVE EMAIL FROM CITI AND FIRST DATA IS A PHISHING EMAIL
PLEASE CONTACT THE FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE & CONSUMER SERVICES, DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES AT 1-800-HELP-FLA(1-800-435-7352.

angiestts

Feb 20, 2013 #611905 Orlando, Florida, United States

WARNING!!! SPECIAL T TRAVEL WILL NEVER CHARGE ANY ADDITONAL FEE/AMOUNT FOR AN EXPIRED OR UNUSED VACATION PACKAGE.

SPECIAL T TRAVEL HAS NO AFFILIATION WITH CONSUMER SERVICES OF AMERICA.

PLEASE IGNORE ANY EMAIL FROM CITI MERCHANT SERVICES, FIRST DATA MERCHANT SERVICES, DELINQUENT ACCOUNT STATUS, SPECIAL T TRAVEL COLLECTIONS DEPARTMENT OR ANY OTHER EMAIL / TELEPHONE CALL CONCERNING A CLAIM FROM SPECIAL T TRAVEL.

It has become evident that Special T Travel clients are being directed to these complaint sites as proof of additional charges owed by our clients. Special T Travel does not have a Collections Department. Special T Travel does not have an audio tape where you agreed to any additional charges for your unused or expired vacation package.

If you have any questions or concerns about any charges please contact Special T Travel’s customer service department at 800-393-3191. Thank You.

0 1 Reply
William

Jan 29, 2013 #600702

CuriousI see from your letter that it is dated 2007!

2007 That's along time I agree with the other comments that you must act fast and usually in less than 90 or the 30days mentioned and document all concern. Good luck if you are fighting this over 6 years! Probably a little late and too long to still be pissed. Thanks for posting it IT AMAZES ME that these phone solicitated travel agencies can play their game without any concern. Isaw the Special T Travel has an address. I would go visit them and talk to them in person. Maybe a protest would be in order. After 7 years I don't think even wasting money on an Attorney would help at this point. Deal with only good travel companies you can visit.

little help

Jan 29, 2013 #600601

You are correct there is little help but yourself. The guys doing this have been in the game 10 years and know the loop holes LIMITATIONS and some are even attorneys. Don't give your credit card to anyone and if it sounds too good it probably is. People mention CSA and Travel Services but give unlisted numbers and no corp name or website so I would be cautious. Please ask your attorney about Travel Service that some promotE UNDER a unlisted number.. see what he says and let us know. Some credit card companies will assist in first 90 days but if you give the info and cc# and agree on tape its a hard nut to crack. Unfortunately the only clause I see is you must act fast. If you smell a rat or see many bad BBB complaints there is probably much smoke and a fire. So don't run but under Florida Law and in many States that have travel company and timeshare issues there is a 30 day cancellation fl section 559.927 that allows a customer cancellation but this must be done in the first 30 days and in writing to the Owner or counsel of company to Corporate office and I would send it registered or certified USPS Mail for your records. Don't do this through the sales office but direct to the officers of the company. Good luck and keep us posted PS AND ONLY $1089 is a lot of hard earned money these days. The BEST

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Special T Travel. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Special T Travel.
Filing a new complaint about
×